Published on June 22, 2017 5:52 am, by Pete Lalor
Being an informed consumer is tough and time-consuming. It’s easy to be scammed or the unsuspecting victim of a shonky contract or the victim of an honest mistake. A quick look at the websites of organisations such as Choice, ASIC and other government agencies will show you the range of ways we can easily be taken advantage of.
At MoneyBrilliant, we love looking after your interests and we are always looking for ways to tilt the balance back in favour of people like you.
When we find out about scams, or shonky contracts, or organisations that have agreed to refund money to customers because they’ve made a mistake, we use our systems to identify who is affected and we let them know.
So far this year we’ve told MoneyBrilliant customers about:
• BMW Finance to pay $72 million to more than 15,000 clients
• 390,000 ANZ customers to receive $28.8m in refunds
• Westpac refunds $20million in credit card fees to 820,000 customers
• Motor Finance Wizard Group to refund over $11m to customers
• ING to refund 24,500 Living Super clients $5.38million
• Cash Converters to refund $10.8m to small loan clients
• $5m in credit card fees being refunded to Citibank, Virgin Money and BOQ customers
• Bankwest agrees to refund $4.9m to home loan customers
• Virginia Surety to refund $330,000 to policyholders
• Inhouse Finance to repay more than $400,000 to 177 car loan clients
• NSW Fair Trading warning regarding Digital Skies Pty Ltd
• NSW Fair Trading warning regarding Her Fashion Box Pty Ltd
That’s almost $160m in compensation payable to over a million people!
It’s a great feeling to know that we’ve helped MoneyBrilliant customers access millions of dollars in compensation and refunds – it’s just one of the things we do to help customers better manage their money.
Peter is the CEO of MoneyBrilliant. He has over 20 years experience in banking, insurance and accounting. Peter has three sons, ranging in age from 16 to 3, is a sport and fitness fanatic and a volunteer firefighter. He is passionate about improving people's lives through making financial services more accessible.